How to use Lakotobios-S and Lakotobios-P to have a beneficial effect on the shrimps
There is an urgent need to control the microbiota in hatching incubators as well as the rearing water. The use of antibiotics does not allow microbial control and may result in an unfavorable alteration of the microbiota. The use of Lakotobios-S or Lakotobios-P can have an establishment of a normal gut microbiota that to be regarded as complementary to the establishment of the digestive system, and under normal conditions it serves as a barrier against invading pathogens. By adding Lakotobios-S or Lakotobios-P to the rearing water or to the culture medium of the live food or feeds has been proved to increase the growth rate of shrimp larvae; and to culture healthy shrimps.
- Producing inhibitory compounds
- Competition for chemicals or available energy with other microbia
- Competition for adhesion sites in the gut of shrimps.
- Enhancement of the immune response
- Improvement of water quality
- Interaction with phytoplankton
- Potential probiotic effects on the host without any side effects.
- Increase the growth and survival rate of shrimps.
b. Rearing water: 50 c.c. Lakotobios-S for per 10 tons of rearing water twice a week to maintain the quality of water. Usage should be made after the rearing water is renewed.
c. Live food or feeds: 20 c.c. Lakotobios-S mixed with 1 kilogram of live food or feeds.
2. For larval stage:
. a. From nauplius, zoea to mysis: 50 c.c. Lakotobios-S every 3 or 4 days for 10 tons of culturing water. If water replacement has to be made, the usage of Lakotobios-S should be made after the water is renewed.
b. For postlarva: To move larvae into a new culturing pond or renew the culturing water is suggested at the time that the larvae change from mysis to postlarva; there is a dosage of 50-80 c.c. Lakotobios-S for 10 tons of water is required after the work is completed. The dosage for postlarva stage is 80 to 100 c.c. per 10 tons of culturing water 0nce a day or every two days that depends on the water conditions.
- A dosage of 20c.c. of Lakotobios-S is suggested to add into carrying bags at a transportation of larvae. Which is helpful to against stress and to gain better survival rate. The dosage rate of Lakotobios-S is 0.2% to 0.3% approx.
a. After the rearing water has been properly made and one day before culturing shrimps; there is a requirement to spray 10 kilograms of Lakotobios-P into a one acre pond.
b. 20 c.c. Lakotobios-S mixed into a kilogram feeds once a day for first month.
c. 20 or 30 c.c. Lakotobios-S mixed into a kilogram feeds once a day for second month and later on.
d. Whenever the stress occurs, such as the change of weather, renewing of rearing water, the changes of feeds, etc., to mix Lakotobios-S for each meal during stressing hours is necessary, the dosage has to be 20 c. c.
e. If the quality of rearing water is becoming poor and has to be renewed, there is also a requirement to spray Lakotobios-P into the rearing water after the pond has fill up, the dosage is 10 kilograms for one acre pond, and mixing feeds with 20 c.c. Lakotobios-S per kilogram for the first meal.
f. To stop using Lakotobios-S into feeds during the period of time to culture shrimps may bring a failure as any interruption of usage will break the microbial balance in the rearing water.
4. For culturing live food
- Unicellular algae: 100 grams of Lakotobios-P or 30 to 50 c.c. Lakotobios-S for 10 tons rearing water every 2 days.
- Rotifers: To mix 30 to 50 c.c. Lakotobios-S into collected rotifers 15 to 30 minutes before use.
- Artemia: To mix 30 to 50 c.c. Lakotobios-S into one ton culturing water per day.
1. Lakotobios-S: Keep in refrigerator at 4 or 5∘C.
2. Lakotobios-P: Store at room temperature and keep from sunshine, humidity, rats and insects.